The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

· Registered
3,011 Posts
Driftwood and hardscape are a lot of personal preference. I am more of a fan of the thicker manzanita, not the twiggy pieces. I worry one of my fish it going to be as agile as I am and stick themselves with one of the bits.

Good luck on the stand. I'm still adding finishing touches to mine and I've ran the tank in it and moved it inside. haha.

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
ok guys time for a update i am proceeding with caution and will be probably euro bracing the 75 or at least doing a glass cross brace since i found that the 75 brace is cracking underneath and is barely holding i could rip it off right now if i wanted and probably will start on it tomorrow or monday, so now for the good news i have another tank as of today besides my 40b running and my 75g, i was given a 33long that housed some gecko's for a while when my cousin was breeding them a few years ago, it was used up till a year a go and sat inside his spare bedroom and i saw it yesterday when i cleaned his house, it is 48x12x12 inside glass technically (29.98g) and has some top rim issues from heat lamps so i am going to practice on it before i do the 75g,
[/URL][/IMG]

· Registered
3,011 Posts
Oooh ahhhhh.

Finding a scape that you like to give you a more visual goal is always good. I think that is why my current scape turned out better than me just going off an idea in my head. I'm interested to see how the swords look in your scape. I'm a big fan of amazon swords. They grow well for me.

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
sword

Oooh ahhhhh.

Finding a scape that you like to give you a more visual goal is always good. I think that is why my current scape turned out better than me just going off an idea in my head. I'm interested to see how the swords look in your scape. I'm a big fan of amazon swords. They grow well for me.
one of mine took off after a water change a month ago when i added straight well water to my tank here is a photo of it
[/URL][/IMG] dismiss the algae on the back wall i had my light to far back and on to long when i was working alot and didnt realize i had it at first

· Registered
3,011 Posts
I love the long leaves on the sword. It looks good. I had some with longer stems than leaves and it looked goofy.

Any update on the stain? I've heard mixed things about minwax. Mostly it running and being of lesser quality. But I did a coffee table, corner table and my stand with it and have had no real issues. It isn't show room nice or antique quality, but it looks good to me.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.