2 Albino Corydoras
1 Flying Fox(SAE)
1 albino bristle nose
5 cherry barbs
2 angel fish/1koi 1black zebra?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
This is strikingly similar to my build! The 75g is awesome and I think black diamond is the bees knees! I think I went with a 30/60 too. I personally don't mind the rim, I almost prefer it for lids. But I'm a big fan of black. My 30g has a wood trim like that and it looks off when next to different wood grains.

Hoping to follow this as it comes together. I always like to see similar builds to grab ideas. Seems like a great start. Do you have any doodle plans?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Doodle plans as in plant arrangement?
Ok so I have been working on a 75 gallon tank I got a few weeks ago for free doing some maintenance on a friends house. I pondered the idea of making it rimless since the glass is thick being a older tank, but ended up just leaving it on for now. here is a shot of the tank on water tightness,
[/URL][/IMG]

Bump: here's the stand as it sits need to have the rest of the braces added, siding, staining, still deciding if i should put a small plant growout tank below to keep small trimmings for ROAK and sales but have to have enough room for my eheim canister, wiring, and a co2 tank if i go that route soon, still deciding on a planted plus or dual t5 shop light raised 6"
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also have a 75 w/black diamond. Looking forward to seeing this come together.
i have seen your 75gal and it is one of the reasons i have decide to design my plant layout the way i have in my head if I can find the right driftwood pieces, here are two pieces i found at a LFS but at 36$ each its a bit high for me. Also picked up the rest of the stuff to finish the stand except for the door hinges and handle still looking for what i want.(going to make a flush door)
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flora:
Crypt undulata
Crypt wendtii
Amazon sword
Java moss
Java fern
Windelov Java fern
Rotala Rotundifolia
Rotala Indica
Carpet(still pondering what i want)

Fauna:
1 Neon Gourami
18ish Neon Tetras
3 Albino Corydoras
2 Flying Fox(SAE)
2 Ghost Shrimp
1 IDK Danio

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hardscape is unfortunately quite expensive for what you are getting (rocks or wood) but IMO it is worth the investment if you get nice ones that look good.

EVENTUALLY I will redo my high tech 75g with BDBS and osmocote+ so I will be watching how you do! Good luck!

Also I may have the EXACT same tank as you do
Actually i will be using oscomote plus root tabs under the bdbs

·
Registered
235 Posts
My recently "built" 75gal was for a mating pair of turtles who eat ANY plant. Therefore, i will be living vicariously through you 75gal planted tankers...
Goodluck!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Also would yall do 2 finnex planted plus, or 2 ray2 for medium lighting? Or 1 of each?
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=840209&page=5

I linked his thread because he is using 1 Ray2 for medium lighting on a 90 gallon. I'm pretty sure just 1 Ray2 would work for you too. Medium lighting is enough to grow most, if not all, plants. Anything more is just faster growth according to most experts. The CO2 needs of plants is more demanding than lighting levels when you get into medium light, from what I've read.

Note: He says 2 Ray2 fixtures, but they are 24" long so I am convinced that is similar enough to 1 48" fixture. He added another 30" fixture (or something like that) and proceeded to up his CO2 and ferts to compensate for algae.

I'd go with a Ray2 and MAYBE a 24/7 if you want to run a second light. The 24/7 would give you the cool effects, slightly increased par, and a good mid day burst of light when ran in conjunction with a Ray2.

You're probably at 70 par at the substrate with a Ray2 on a 21" tall tank. This accounts for the substrate itself taking up space. This is high medium light or low high light, depending on who you ask.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=840209&page=5

I linked his thread because he is using 1 Ray2 for medium lighting on a 90 gallon. I'm pretty sure just 1 Ray2 would work for you too. Medium lighting is enough to grow most, if not all, plants. Anything more is just faster growth according to most experts. The CO2 needs of plants is more demanding than lighting levels when you get into medium light, from what I've read.

Note: He says 2 Ray2 fixtures, but they are 24" long so I am convinced that is similar enough to 1 48" fixture. He added another 30" fixture (or something like that) and proceeded to up his CO2 and ferts to compensate for algae.

I'd go with a Ray2 and MAYBE a 24/7 if you want to run a second light. The 24/7 would give you the cool effects, slightly increased par, and a good mid day burst of light when ran in conjunction with a Ray2.

You're probably at 70 par at the substrate with a Ray2 on a 21" tall tank. This accounts for the substrate itself taking up space. This is high medium light or low high light, depending on who you ask.
sorry to ask but since i am working on the stand atm can you get me par data on the planted plus

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
sorry to ask but since i am working on the stand atm can you get me par data on the planted plus

That is a graph put together by a hobbyist I believe. The one before was 'official' from Finnex. You can extrapolate the data to make up for the difference in sensors used.

Here is finnex's data for the 36" RAY2. So you can compare them to each other and adjust this graph.

Looks like the graph is roughly 3/4 of what Finnex rated the fixture at.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts