The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75g that's currently not stocked. Tank is filtered with a Rena Filstar XP3 and two Duetto100 in tank filters. I'm in the process of aquacaping... will be low maintenance plants (potted for protection if needed), driftwood, manzanita wood. Substrate is fine grained sand.

I decided I want to have a pair of Electric Blue Acara... but that's about all I'm sure of. I've considered the following possibilities:

Mixed Tank
-2 electric blue acara
-20 tiger barbs
-1 bristlenose pleco (other pleco recommendations are welcome)

SA/CA Tank
-2 electric blue acara
-20 serpae tetra
-1 bristlenose pleco

"Cookie Cutter" tank modified from cichlid forum
-2 electric blue acara
-5 banded rainbowfish
-5 boeseman's rainbowfish
-8 giant danio
-1 bristlenose pleco

Corydora are some of my favorite fish, but I'd written them off, thinking the Acara would be too aggressive. I read another thread where they were recommended, however, so I'm curious about the possibility of an Acara focused tank that also includes cories.

I also really enjoy Apistos, but I'm thinking most species will be too small to put with the Acara. I could always put them in my upstairs tank (26g community... currently with 2 SAE, 3 rasbora and 2 checker barb).

Other fish I've considered for the tank include rams and angels.

Thanks for any thoughts/recommendations.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm really starting to like the idea of giant danios. I had glowlight danios in the past and really loved their color and activity level, and the giants seem to have similar coloring.

So, the question is do I just have the EBAs and a large school of the danios, or do I add another species. Serpae or emperor tetra perhaps?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.