The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geeze, once I feel like I know what I want, my mind questions itself and I wind up posting a question on just about everything....

Im beginning to setup my 75g tank and I plan on it being low/med tech planting wise. With that, I would really like to be able to have a carpeted bottom, regardless of how long it would take to thrive, without using c02 (if even an option)

I'm aware I'm probably going to need 2 fixtures for the tank due to the darkended spots, and I would like advice on which 2 people recommened. I've done the research and like the sat pro +, but would hate to spend that money on two of those. Does anyone have other suggestions for a combination? The LFS was pushing the fluval planted led one day, and then the sat pro + another day. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,011 Posts

At 21"~ you'll have around 45 PAR in the center and 35 PAR at the edges of the tank, no need for a second fixture. That is plenty of light to grow anything. You'll have to turn it down quite a bit before you inject CO2 though. A single 48" fixture will be enough light for this tank even with CO2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.