The Planted Tank Forum banner

Which hardscape and placement should I use?

• a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b

• e

• f

• g

• h

• i

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess that Jungles often don't have hardscape, and this is my first Jungle. I hadn't even heard of the style until a week ago. Then again, aside from Amano and Dutch I hadn't ever heard of any styles. LOL, lame, I know.

I'm tearing down my 75 and rebuilding it. And the end of the day today I setup a tripod and my two huge pieces of driftwood. I've owned these two pieces for probably 20 years. One's been outside for months now, one was growing Java Fern and was pulled from the 75 just the day before. Both are cut from the same piece, they have 1 or more sawn sides so placement needs to hide that.

Here's ten photos, help me out. I know which one I like, and which one my wife likes, and frankly, she's probably right.

Vote fast since I'm going to start planting tomorrow.

Vote, but tell me why also. i'm new to this arranging thing. I've usually just throw stuff together.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was torn between C and D and my wife hated D, so C it was. I did the rescape today. Pictures one the fines get filtered out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Overall I'm pretty happy. There are two smaller pieces of driftwood in there, the top and behind the right hand wing. The top one isn't planted. I'll get on that eventually. Need to choose a high light epiphyte but I need to research a lot before doing that. I'll pull it out just so it doesn't become an algae magnet until I'm ready to plant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts