The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm 1/2 way done with getting my tank packed full of plants [Diane Walstad tank]. Now for fish ideas.

I'm trying to narrow down my list of fish.

* are the ones I already have
# getting for sure

*4 female bettas [top]
1 male (short-fin) male betta [top]
10 hatchet fish [top]
Sparkling/Pygmy Gourami [top]
#30 Rummy-nosed tetras [mid\bottom]
*10 Green Cory cats [bottom]
2 German Blue Rams [1female-1male] [bottom]
1 Anglefish [starting out as a baby] [all??]
#5 oto cats [all]
20 cardinals [or other schooling fish] [??]

Now my other question is how big is each of the fishes bioload once grown [high or low bioload]

That may help decide what to stock as well. I DO NOT want to overstock [at all or if anything very little] as I won't have a filter just the plants.

Another question: Is there any good websites to buy Rummynose tetras cheaper then $3.33 each [3 for $10]??

·
Registered
255 Posts
hell id go with 4 Angles in there and ditch the rams... but thats me the bio load looks alright

·
Registered
283 Posts
I replied to the other thread not realizing there were 2, maybe someone will have some input on the angelfish/betta.

Response below in case the other gets deleted:

I have a school of around 25 rummy-nose in my 50G and I have been considering adding the 7 cardinals that I have to that tank. I have read in a few places that tetras (neon, cardinal, rummy nose) school together.

If you wanted 2 separate schools maybe you should consider a different species instead of the cardinals.

I think that your male beta may get nipped by the angelfish. Maybe not given all the room he will have be out of its sight.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im hoping to do a max of 5-6 species.

I was thinking maybe

4 female bettas | 1 shortfin male
10 hatchet fish
30 Rummy-nosed tetras
10 Green Cory cats
2 German Blue Rams
oto cats

hell id go with 4 Angles in there and ditch the rams... but thats me the bio load looks alright
If I do angelfish I only plan on one. I do not want them spawning. But the GBR were the biggest reason for me setting up this tank. But everytime I go to the LFS I see the little white anglefish with black on there face [there my favorite]

DevinWolfe
Im hoping IF I do, do a anglefish or even the GBR having a shortfined male betta would help with his fins not getting torn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.