The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have not done a journal in a long while, almost two years and I figure by doing this it will motivate me to swap out my 55 with the 75 I have sitting around. As of now I am working on trying to figure out a scape I want to utilize. I plan on mostly using slow growing plants such as crypts, ferns, anubias, and a variety of mosses. I have four different scapes that I have come up with so far, here they are:

Currently I am leaning more towards the last picture with the two stumps. I am thinking ferns attached to the stumps with moss covered rocks wedged between the roots steadily sloping downwards, possibly with a e. belem or hairgrass front. I am looking for opinions since my prior scapes have mainly dealt with stem plants creating a cascading effect. I have not fully utilized using wood. Look forward to moving forward on this tank

~Graham

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well first I saw picture 1 and liked it. Then I saw picture 2 and liked it. Then I saw picture 3 and likes it. Can you guess where this is going? I think picture 4 is the best! I would love to see a black water tank with picture number 4 as the scape. Maybe even put some Indian almond leaves in between the stumps and call it a day

Where did you get the stumps, seriously I want some!

·
Registered
621 Posts
1 or 4

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hcancino and D3monic, The wood is cedar so I am not sure if that matters. Now that I look at some of these Manzi sale threads I feel tempted...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts