1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These turtles eat the fish. They won't bite the plants unless the fish and ghost shrimp supply is low, and even then I'm pretty sure its just to send me a message because they don't actually swallow what they bite off. They are just hatchlings hanging out for a while until they go back to the breeder. Yes they are snappers ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lighting: Aquaticlife T5HO dual (2 x 6000k), Odysea T5HO dual (2 x 6500k), On for 5-6 hours per day
Equipment: Eshopps WC-100 sump, Supreme Mag-Drive 7 pump, 300w heater, Powerhead for circulation
CO2: Milwalkee regulator with solenoid and bubble counter, 5lb co2 cylinder, Diffusion method - ceramic diffuser in return pump, Started running it 24/7 and it cured my BBA problems
Substrate: 2" of potting soil, 2" of gravel
Parameters: 80 Degrees, 0.0 Ammonia, 0.15 Nitrate, 0.0 Nitrite, GH 10, KH 10, 6.8 PH
Fertilization: EI liquid fert regiment, Weekly 50% water changes
Plants: Amazon Sword, Anubis, Ludwigia Repens, Hygrophila something, Vallisneria Spiralis, Cryptocoryne Parva, Wisteria, Dwarf Sag, Marsilea Quadrifolia, others
Inhabitants: Turtles, fish, frogs, shrimp, snails
Comments: This is my second planted tank build. The last 3 years have taught me that consistency is the key. Weekly water changes, weekly filter media changes, and weekly trimmings make this an easy thing to balance. That and running my co2 full time instead of just when the lights are on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.