The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started off with "pink" granite and did not like the look so I changed the rocks out for brown. Much better.:D

After putting all the mud and capping sand in, I was told that the Great Stuff would float. I did a test outside of the aquarium and even with a large rock on it, it would not sink.

Yesterday, I pulled out the Great Stuff. The small hill on the front left was not stuck to the glass at all. The large hill to the back left, I had to pry up with a screw driver and pull with all my might to get it unstuck from the glass. Go figure. I'm glad they're out, one less thing to worry about. I replaced the Great Stuff with large gravel from the driveway, packed in stockings.

I replaced the foam for the stream with pieces of a plastic binder to separate the black sand from the tan "stream" sand. Once I get some plants planted along the banks, I'll remove the plastic. Does this look like a stream or a walkway? I was told not to use dark blue sand because it would look fake.

I'm hoping to get the plants that a friend sent me planted this afternoon and order some more tonight.

I have a BML fixture on order so for now, I'm using the sunlight from the doors.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Looks like a great beginning!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
i like the wood, but I think those rocks are taking up too much room that could be taken by plants. but thats just me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts