The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to move up to a 75 gallon freshwater tank from a 55 gallon. I have a friend who bought two aquariums and they both leaked. I was so shocked because I've had aquariums for 35 years and never had a leak. As I have been shopping, I am seeing consistently that tanks are leading.

So, can anyone suggest a quality 75 gallon tank that is trustworthy and will not bust or leak or crack or any of those terrible things? I do not need anything but the tank itself. I am getting the canopy and stand separately and have the rest of the equipment.

thanks -

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am in the middle of Idaho, so my tank purchases are limited at best. I too read about all the tanks leaking and it freaks me out. So, for now I have been getting my tanks at Petco when they have the sale. I leak test them for a few days in my shop before doing anything with them. So far my two 55s, and my 75 are leak free.. been almost a year now.

I had a 100 gallon glass tank 20 years ago, that i had for 6 or so years and I moved that thing at least 6 times. It was a beast, 2 people to move it. I completely drained it of everything each time, no leaks, no damage. I think the key is to not stress the glass and make sure it's level.

Good luck on your new tank!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.