The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has given me advice in the various posts I have made in the last week or so. I have added some photos of my tank with a coralife 130w CF, Fluval 405 canister filter, legacy Penguin bio wheel filter (until the fluval has had enough time to catch up on biological), 30 lbs of flourite, 50 lbs of red flint gravel, 50 lbs of red flint sand.

I recently added 6 bunches of anacharis, and 6 amazon swords. Also, 10 zebra danios and 6 cherry barbs.

So far I love it, and I love the Amazon Swords in particular.

Once again, thank you all for the great advice.... :icon_smil

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've gotta feeling that you will love anacharis soon too.

It's good that you put them all in the back to start... Any future 'green plan?'

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I am going with a midground of Anubias Nana (sic) and a Foreground of Dwarf Hair Grass. I need to do more research on those, but my initial readings say that they should do ok in the conditions of my tank. Perhaps I may eventually go with a large piece of driftwood with some Java Ferns attached or something similar.

I plan to also add some Glowlight danios to the zebras, and some Oto Cats, and maybe a few larger colorful compatible fish which my wife seems to want....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Planted Tank Progress

Well, I have added some color by adding some glowfish to live with my regular zebra danios, and have added a few more plants. I think I will need to get the oto cats next weekend, since alas, I am starting to see some starts of algae, sigh.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Lookin Good! I like the Roman collum decoration, when the plants grow in it will look like a ruin!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what I am hoping, I wanted to go driftwood, but the wife didn't want to get rid of the columns, so I am using it to be the sort of centerpiece.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally found a local store carrying Rainbowfish

Found a Local store that carries Rainbows. Got mostly Bosemani, but one blueish one that I am not sure what type it is. Here are the pics. Also located Dwarf Plecos there. From the research I did, I think they are Dwarf Snowflake Bristlenose Plecos, or at least that is the closest looking pic I have found. I will try to get a pic of them on here later.

I think I will add some oto cats to them this weekend, to try to quell some of the algae that may start.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts