The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guy I just got a 75 gallon tank and was thinking of fish for after I cycle it. I was wondering if I could fit 2 angelfish, 2 German blue rams, 2 electric blue rams, 1 phantom pleco, 10 rummynose tetra, and 6 sterbi corydoras. What would you get rid of? Do you think it would work when everything is full grown? I don’t want to have to upgrade

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Your stocking and temp (82) are fine for all occupants. Make sure to get larger Rummy nose if you are getting adult Angels. But, even with that, there are no guarantees they wont be eaten. Some will ignore small fish and others wont. I have some Altum Angels who ignored small fish for 2 years and now there are no more left in the tank they are in.

So.. Just curious on this because I just got some blue rams at petco.. I was going to put them in a tank with a preset heater at ~78F, is that too cold?
Long- term-- yes, 78 is too cold. 82 degrees is the minimum. What happens typically is their immune systems lower from the tempertaure stress over time and they will get secondary conditions: hexamita being a common ailment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your stocking and temp (82) are fine for all occupants. Make sure to get larger Rummy nose if you are getting adult Angels. But, even with that, there are no guarantees they wont be eaten. Some will ignore small fish and others wont. I have some Altum Angels who ignored small fish for 2 years and now there are no more left in the tank they are in.
I think I’m going to get everything when they are small and baby’s so I can watch them grow. I was thinking of adding the less aggressive fish first and then adding the more aggressive ones last. Do you think this will work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.