-RCS in the sump

dosing
--currently
----Flourish 1-2x a week
----Seachem tabs in substrate

****soon
--plantex CSM-B
--KNO3

ANY suggestions comments etc more than welcome!!

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's looking good so far. I like the dw selection you have there. I'm getting ready to set up a 75 in just a couple weeks. What light are you using, I know you said t5no, but which one did you go with? And what made you want to go with soon to be adding KNO3 and CSM-B? Just curious because I'm just going to use diy co2 and was wondering about the CSM-B. I know in a 75 the diy wont do much, but I'm just looking for a little extra so I can stay away from high tech.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I gather CSM-B is the same as the micros I dose using seachem flourish....just much cheaper by far! KNO3 because I think I need a little boost on the nitrates and potassium because my pennywort doesn't grow! but I am a new so don't do what I do just because I do it!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm fairly new also, wasn't going to follow your schedule, just seeing why other people are doing what they do. Kinda gathering info from everyone I can and combining it to what I think I'll need. I'll have to look into that CSM-B, I use flourish also and if there is something out there just as good but cheaper I'm down for it. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm fairly new also, wasn't going to follow your schedule, just seeing why other people are doing what they do. Kinda gathering info from everyone I can and combining it to what I think I'll need. I'll have to look into that CSM-B, I use flourish also and if there is something out there just as good but cheaper I'm down for it. Thanks for your input.

checkout greenleafaquarium.com great prices and they have some good guides and pfertz.com has some great pics to determine highly planted vs lightly planted.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really nice. Amazing tank u have can u show us more of your sump?
I'll take some more pics monday but it's super simple
intake
- 4" poret foam (coarse)
- a big gap to hold the heater
- 2" poret foam (medium)
- a 2-3" gap
- 2"poret foam (fine)
return pump

I have a sprinkle of gravel in the sump for my shrimp and plan to add some lava rock so they have some more surfaces to cling to

I had kaldess media in there with some airstones but I didn't like the results

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my sump from left to right
notice the 'sponge prefilter on the return pump that came with it---prevents shrimpies from ending up in my tank--where they are devoured

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
give me a week...I have a bunch of wendtii crypts comming, more anubias petite and crypt belenase

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update...

Transformed into a dwarf puffer tank...except don't really have the puffers yet.

7 sterbai corys
4 silver hatchets
a bunch of red cherries
a bunch of MTS, ramshorn and pond snails

sump is where all the juvies cherries hang out and grow. also where the pond snails multiply.

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Time to do it over again... First a focal rock piece, about 18" tall and 20 inches from left to right.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
And new substrate

MTS x 4

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
And black blasting grit for a cap

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
And my tank of plants I have to work with

·
Registered
314 Posts
Let me know how the blasting slag works out. I've heard complaints about it being very sharp but it can't be worse than Eco-complete. :icon_cool

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
and a couple shots of my dwarf puffers. I have 11 at the moment but may increase to 20 after rescaping

1 - 20 of 54 Posts