The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the title basically tells it like it is, but to extrapolate, I've got a new 125G tank and I need to but some lighting for it. Needless to say, a 72"--new--is very expensive and I'm trying to give my wife fewer reasons to kill me. She's been so sweet and supportive, but finding something that would look nice and provide a good wpg would be great. So if anyone is looking to dump a really big light, lemme know!

Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anything? Anyone? I'm open to suggestions. I'm looking at the Catalina stuff, but used still seems better to me..... Thanks in advance.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
This is the 72" fixture i have over my 85 gallon. I think this is one of the cheapest fixtures you'll be able to find. I am pretty satisfied with it - no major problems yet after several months of use. So far, so good.

But if you could find a used one, it will probably be even cheaper. Good luck!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey AZ, nice to hear from you. I'm glad you like that fixture. It was one of the units I'd considered for my tank, but it seems like no one was talking about it, so I started to write it off, but I'll reconsider it....

Jelisoner, I'd likely be quite interested in the Catalina as they've come highly recommended to me. Let me know what you find.... my zip is 08618. Thank you for checking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts