The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the beginning of setting up my new 72 gal Bowfront Aquarium.
I had 4 High light, high tech tanks but time and work press me to go to one planted tank only.
Plan is nice looking but low light, low maintenance Fern, Crypt, Anubias tank
Here is first picture of the setup.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Light: Catalina 4x54W T5HO fixture. I’ll run 2 bulbs only at a time. 2h period 1x5000K and 1x10000k, 5h period 1x6500K and 1xPlant Grow,2h period 1x5000K and 1x10000k
With my hang on setup I have 18” up- down travel. Hopefully it will help me to find sweat spot for the plants. The hang on setup cost me $17 total + there aren’t supports behind the tank.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Filtration: Two Eheim 2217 canister filters. One will run water thru UV Coralife 9W sterilizer other one will run it thru DIY Peltier chiller. I’ll inject CO2 using booth filters. Diffusers are from eBay .I’m very happy with them. They are running more than a year and never get clogged.
I'll use acrylic DIY spray bars ,hopefully they will create enough water movement.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is some progress. Because I don’t have much time to wait drift wood to sink I used cutting boards.
Before adding ADA Africana 1-3/4x9L bags regular and 2x9L bags powder type
I sprinkled some Bacter 100 and some Osmocote Plus.
I don't know is it a god idea to try to mess up scape with those stones or to take them out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't update it because nobody seems interested in it.
I'm out of the town for 3 days.When I come back I'll post some pictures.
Tank is still low maintanance.Water changes :50% every 45th day. No CO2 Catalina ligt was replaced with 54x1W Oddysea LED fixture-less algae,no green glasses and water.
Ferts: EI but 1-2 in 3 weeks.Osmocote+ capsules in substrate every 45-50th day

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.