Tank was redone back in Oct, ripped everything out and tried to remove all the red moss algae, and the xmas moss.
Failed in both cases, but knocked things way back to a more manageable level.
CO2 solenoid broke and did not catch it for 1.5 weeks, the red algae went nuts.
I took every plant out and cleaned each as best I could. Then zipped tied the B catherines to the wood and then planted the purple centipedes in the soil/gravel.
I've breed the bristle nose in this tank going on 7-10X, something around there now. About every 1-2 months, I find new fry.
Tank is very resistant to algae(but the red algae moss is a bit more like a plant, extremely hard to eradicate from a tank without total tear down) and runs easily. Low labor input and lower light with rich CO2, rich sediment and ferts to the water column. I dose about 25 ppm x a week of KNO3. 5 or so of the PO4, traces 3-4x a week, GH about 3 with GH booster(no K2SO4, just MgSO4 and CaSO4). Not much more than this, once a week or so, I'll do a large water change. I can go 2-4 weeks without one without much issue.
Compared to say a high light stem tank, it's apples and oranges.