The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At anyone time, there's no less than 30 flowers going on in this tank.

It's not compete either, it has about another 3-6 more months to go before fully developed. I'm going to start trimming soon. No choice, there's nowhere else to put the plants now, and allowing more growth will shade the others too much.

It's like a thick Bonsai tree that needs a trim.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
How does it look in the front? I like the wild jungle feel you have, especially with the stream of fish rushing towards the picture. Does the front of the tank share the same theme? It be interesting to see a tank with different themes based on view points, I'm toying with the idea myself.

Your technique in attaching the buce is intriguing, I can't tell if it's string or gel being used.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
What are the specs on this tank, like the lighting, ferts, substrate, co2, ect?

I want to put an emphasis on buces when I re-do my tank, since they are very pretty and seem easier to maintain than stems

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How does it look in the front? I like the wild jungle feel you have, especially with the stream of fish rushing towards the picture. Does the front of the tank share the same theme? It be interesting to see a tank with different themes based on view points, I'm toying with the idea myself.

Your technique in attaching the buce is intriguing, I can't tell if it's string or gel being used.
Neither, I use holes in the wood, or zip ties, tried string, never lasted long enough.

Bump:
i suggest to emerse the trimmings
this plant is even more amazing in emersed form

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
This is such a unique tank and very beautiful.

I love the looks of the first shot with the light looking like sun shining on the surface. Are you using t5's on this tank or did you switch to LEDs?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i saw that photo before, i thought you took that during water change.
so it's a permanent emersed part from the tank's setup...

i've seen big clumps of buces before, but i've never seen it growing out of the tank like that.. amazing...

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i saw that photo before, i thought you took that during water change.
so it's a permanent emersed part from the tank's setup...

i've seen big clumps of buces before, but i've never seen it growing out of the tank like that.. amazing...
They tend to dry out a bit too much from the lights being too warm.
You could grow them like this emergent though.

I do not.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
They tend to dry out a bit too much from the lights being too warm.
You could grow them like this emergent though.

I do not.
so the evaporation helps them to adapt slowly emerging out from water. i kept some that grow really well inside closed tanks outdoor. although neglected they're doing fine. some even melted during very hot dry season and grew back from the dead very quickly.

i like this plant. i put some just right on the water surface of floating bioballs to grow. not sure how they're doing though. i'm out of town working and have not seen them in weeks. that's why i kept low maintenance tanks / emergent setups.

anyway i'm sure your emergent buces have some part of them (roots?) kept under the water surface right?

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I use to have them out of the water more, now I just let them top out right at the surface, they do best there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts