The Planted Tank Forum banner

6g Nano Cube

1305 6
Hi all

I have a 6g nano cube that currently has 1 yellowtail damselfish, but i'm thinking of getting out of the saltwater hobby and staying on the freshwater side of things. I no longer have as much time to maintain a saltwater nano. So i'm asking for suggestions:

What would should i use this tank for? I was thinking a home for a betta, or maybe a brackish setup with 3-4 mollys, with java moss and java fern.

Any other suggestions? thanks
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds good, how many puffers could i keep in there? males, females?

the water coming from my tap is extremely hard and has a ph of 8.0 or more, it's really good for african cichlids, but i don't know for other fishes. And the summer in my area is very nasty, water temp in a 6g gets to the upper 90s, low 100s, would a puffer tolerate that?

thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
you could put one, maybe two, but that might be pushing it. Puffers are very aggresive but do well with ottos. you could have the one. They eat snails. like all the trash snails ramshorns etc. They are very interesting fish to own. I have on dwarf puff and one green spotted.

here is the info on them. trust this site above all others on puffers.
http://www.thepufferforum.com/forum/ug.php/v/PufferPedia/Freshwater/C_Travancoricus/

and why would your water reach 100 degrees? are the tanks not inside? sorry im confused

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, i'll try looking for dwarf puffers in my lfs

the tank is inside, but to cut on electricity costs, AC only runs at night, when i'm home, and ambient temperature frequently reaches 100s F at noon during the summer, and with no AC when i'm not home, tank temperature goes up. Last summer one 10g i had got to 97 F for a couple of days, fortunately i didn't lose any fish or plant, but it's a thing a need to consider

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.