The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been inspired and awed by the tank pictures I've seen on this forum, so I figured I'd share my experience with everyone. I had a tank for 10 years then took 11 years off when I got the itch. I went with a 65 gallon aqueon tank as I wanted a bigger tank but I didn't have the room for a 4 foot long aquarium. I want to thank bartohog for the plants. But enough rambling time for pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A quick update. The ludwigia sp red never did anything besides melt so it was removed. Added some water wisteria and removed the Java fern plantlets from the leaves and tied onto some rocks. Also a minor rescape.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Light is up to 100% for 6 hours a day. One of the buce I had completely melted and the rhizome turned to mush so it was removed. Ever since I reduced the light my algae problem hasolving gone away but the growth of my cabomba as slowed to a crawl also.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was finally able to get the light back on 24/7 mode on a timer off from 12pm to 6 am.
Tank update pics

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow a lot has changed with this tank. Did a slight rescape tonight with my water change. I'll try to come back and fill in he missing parts but I'll go ahead and post some before during and after pics of the work done tonight. Please forgive the cloudy water. The last pics were in the process and right after refilling.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.