The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody:)
I am writing here from Slovenia, because in our country aquascaping aint spread so much.
So what i know about it, i got it from you guys. I am begginer at this kind of hobby, so i have to learn alot about it still..So i opened this thread, so i can ask question or two about some stuff:)
I came to first question, since I started with DSM, i saw it from Barr, and looks cool. But the problem is, that i wasnt able to get ada aquasoil, so i got Seachem black sand (wich is abit poor with nutrients i think?). What kind of fertilizer should i use while in DSM. I have Flourish Excel, and Flourish from Seachem.
Here is the picture of it, 3 days after planting
Thanks for your replies, and sorry for my bad english:)

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Personally I would add fertilizer root tabs now since you have some carpeting plants. I know my monte carlo goes crazy with Seachem Flourish root tabs. Eventually you will need to dose N, P and K along with the micros/trace. You can stick with liquid Seachem lineup if you're lazy like me or save some money and mix dry ferts.

Will this be high tech or no? What is the lighting? I like the layout. If you add the root tabs and then spread out the plant clumps more you will save months.

You can add a very light nutrient mixture in the spray bottle you use to maintain humidity during the DSM.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for reply Phyzix. I just ordered Tropica growth fertilizer, wich contains everything i need for DSM, as i saw on some sucessfull DSM video on youtube. I also ordered 2 more invitro HC so carpet would fill sooner.

Its gonna be hightech, I have 4x54w H0 lights with DIY inox hood, i also have co2 set, eheim filter, ph controller.

Do you guys think, that my plants are gonna survive without fertilizers for about 4-5 days(till shipment come)?:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.