The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a single shot of my 65 Gal. planted tank.
Not much of a scape, it´s just -- a lot af plants--
I got a few ideas for a new scape, but none ready to realize.
Undoubtedly I´ll replace some of the stemplants with more slowgrowing.

T5 4x39W, (1x6500 kelvin + 3x10.000 kelvin)
PH-controlled CO2 , Eheim 2028 pro 2

Plants:
Rotala macrandra, Rotala rotundifolia, Eleocharis ''parvula'', Eleocharis acicularis, Didiplis diandra, Blyxa japonica, Pogostemon stellata, Hygrophila balsamica, Taxiphyllum barbieri. Limnophila aromatica, Cryptocoryne beckettii ''petchii''.

Fish: (temporarily hiding)
2 Otocinclus affinis,6 Crossocheilus siamensis samt 35 Hemigrammus bleheri

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Wow. very nice. Good growth on the r. macandra, blyxa, hairgrass...everything, actually. If you're looking for improvements, my advise would be to eliminate the hairgrass down to a few sprigs (maybe) - it's just too big and overpowering. Let that carpet plant spread from the right side to the middle area as well. Is that dwarf hairgrass? I can't quite tell.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Looks like you are growing healthy plants! That hairgrass is quite chunky and tall, maybe split it up into smaller portions?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
beautiful....nice growth, and pretty color contrast. It will be a shame to see it replaced with slow growers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
#4 Yes it´s dwarf hairgrass.

#6 The setup is about 1 year.

And thanks for the nice words :icon_bigg

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Oooh, that macrandra is really deep red. You should move it to a more prominant position with some green behind it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New scape?

Here is what I have in mind for my furture scape.
I already have ordered the missing plants, and expect them to arrive soon.

What do You think of my planned scape?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Loving it. Beautiful and healthy. My only suggestion might be a bit of driftwood or such to give it a little more wild look. Maybe just a little less dutch in style.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow that is a beautiful tank. Your plants look to be in almost perfect condition. I agree a more natural look might look better though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts