The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dragon cove is no more, new scape is up.
More of an iwagumi style utilizing wood as opposed to rocks.
Likely start as iwagumi for the moment, then later on fill the background with stems to change things up a bit.
Tank will be dry started so fissidens can attach to the wood, aiming to have it filled around xmas time.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Awesome 'scape. Going to be killer.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What type pf background is that and where did you get it, if i may ask? :)

I like the tank. How are the Blyxa doing in a low light tank? Was thinking about some of these for my tank.
Blyxa grows well with at least 30 par, ive had it in non co2 setups as well and it does ok, grows slowly but doesnt melt.
Background is a window film tint you can buy at lowes or home depot, frosted color.

As far as the pipes, you need special s.s. bending equipment, and a welder if you want the suction cup pins. not cheap equipment but keep an eye on the sale forum, i might start making these on the side.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
She a beau! I dig the aquascaping, especially the middle pool of HC. How you liking the Current LED+, get any pearling with the lights? I miss the shimmer effect of LEDs but can't find a nice fixture WITH a remote.

Your tank is looking sweet, very clean. Got any more pictures, close up?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She a beau! I dig the aquascaping, especially the middle pool of HC. How you liking the Current LED+, get any pearling with the lights? I miss the shimmer effect of LEDs but can't find a nice fixture WITH a remote.

Your tank is looking sweet, very clean. Got any more pictures, close up?
Led + is ok, i like the light but im not a big fan of the narrow field of light. It doesn't have a wide optic, so it casts a shadow, more so with my scape because the rocks block quite a bit of the light. Im considering getting an inexpensive t5 ho light and re purposing this one. It grows plants well, just not ideal for my setup.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
made a little holder for my dosing bottles, finally got the t5's hung, much better light spread. Growth has been ok, though i did a dose of algae fix which wasnt a good idea, seemed to have melted some of the h.c and h.m so i trimmed those down and hoping it recovers.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts