The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-UPDATE PAGE 6-

Hello,

Firstly, let's me introduce myself, I'm french design student who is passionate by the aquascaping, I'm here to share my hobbies and my new project :)
I'm 21 and it's my 'first' concrete tank project.

-IWATANK-

Technical :

Tank : -60X30x35 (Ada 60P like)
Filtre : JBL e401
Light : Aquasky 601
Co2 : Dennerle Primus
Heater : external

Scenery :

Soil : Technical soil + Amazonia
Plants : -Hemianthus callitrichoides
-Utricularia graminifolia
-Taxiphyllum barbieri
Poissons : -Oto
-Rasbora Galaxy

(Some integration in my house for the tank dimension :help:)

-60X30(35?)X20
Hand here you can see my layout test configuration, I really like the 2nd and 3th one

-45X36X31

I have to choose one tank and to booked it to launch my project, I have all of the others equipments :icon_twis
Due to my 'bad' english level, I'll communicate with lot of pictures to keep you'r intention, and I also hope this forum is more active than the french freshwaters forum

So to conclude, what do you prefer ? The first who looks like at the ADA 60F ou the second who have the same dimension than the dennerle scaper's tank ? :)

· Registered
176 Posts
Pictures #1 & #2 are definitely my favorite. I myself would lean towards the driftwood scape because of the crevices and small caves the moss covered branches might create. However all look great and I'm sure whichever you decide will turn out well!

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your answer :)
I think I'll start the project with the 60x30x20 (or 60x32x22) tank and the 2nd configuration !
The driftwood one could be hard because they don't have really nice piece of driftwood at the fish shop

For the fish I want :
-Otocinclus
-Rasbora galaxy
And maybe a couple of fish, or not ? But firstly necessary fish as corydoras or otocinclus

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi everyone, et bonjour Mitashade, quite good french :)

Thanks a lot for your answers ! that help me to take a choose, I really think I will start the first tank 60x32x22 with the 2nd configuration!
Thanks for the taxiphylum idea :)

I actually wait to have the tank price and to book it, and after, go for a good tank !!!

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just have some news about the project,
Sadly I have to think about another tank because the 60x30x20 custom made is too expensive with extra white, and it's impossible to find an ADA 60F in France.

So I have find an ADA 60P (60x30x36), what do you think about this proportions ?
And about the light, I hesitate between the Aquatlantis Easyled 6800k 1700lm or 2450lm ?

· Registered
1,747 Posts
I like the cool of your tank. I hope the final product lives up to your expectations. :)

And about the light, I hesitate between the Aquatlantis Easyled 6800k 1700lm or 2450lm ?
It's hard to say which would be better without good spectral information (which I can't find), but I would tend toward the brighter lamp, particularly if you are able to dim them. Visually, if one of these fits the entire length of the tank and the other does not, I would tend toward the one that matches the length of the tank.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.