The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I’d start a new tank journal for my rescape, more so for myself so I can keep a log of stages of my tank, but feel free to browse.

Have set up the basic hardscape and began cycling the tank without plants. They’re due in a week or so, postage delays due to Christmas etc.

Going for a basic scape in regards to hardscape, will be using;

Eleocharis acicularis “mini” as a carpet plant

Bucephalandra Theia Red attached to the single rock at the front as this area is slightly shaded from rocks above

Alternanthera reineckii 'mini' will be towards the back right hand opening

Myriophyllum Guyana will cover the entire back space behind

Tank will have injected Co2 with a Fluval Nano planted light, 2ml of 2hr Aquarist Complete fertiliser per day.

As for livestock I’m not sure yet, I can either go Shrimp or Fish but it will predominantly be a plant tank

I have ordered the Aquario Neo Flow (Skimmer on output pipe) lily pipes which I’m excited to see, have seen them in numerous tanks on instagram and look impressive

Will also be added a background but I’m after a specific one from an instagram shop but can’t get through to them yet, based in Eastern Europe, but it’s the ADA style light screen but at a reasonable price

Below is my 5 minute design of what I think it’ll end up like hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PLANTED & FLOODED

All planted, ran out of Eliocharis a bit earlier than I planned, I use tropica 1-2 grow and to be honest the pots this time weren’t great, but it worked.

Got a few more things due to arrive soon, new co2 diffuser and tubing, background is still being decided on, may just go for a white background to be honest. Lily pipes will be dispatched next week.

Fertiliser pump is all set up, I do need to find out how to recalibrate my pump as 1ml dose gives 2ml, which is fine I only need 2ml per day anyway.

Will be looking to improve the lighting next, the light will do for now, but that’s the next upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts