The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Question for you about your set up. What are you using to block the intake of your filter so that your RCS don't get sucked up into the filter?

You tank looks great by the way. I would definitely put more moss on that wood you got there. It will fill up nicely

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Tanks looking great!! Will be cool if that branch gets all mossed up.
Thanks man! So far it's growing sideways and not down the branches :(

Question for you about your set up. What are you using to block the intake of your filter so that your RCS don't get sucked up into the filter?

You tank looks great by the way. I would definitely put more moss on that wood you got there. It will fill up nicely
I am using pantyhose. I just cut up a circle and wrapped it around my intake. Most of my baby RCS hide in that java fern at the base of the tree.

I want to buy more moss for it but that is what I call my BBA tree. It is covered in it and it affected the moss. As soon as I kill it all I will be purchasing more moss

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Genius idea! I've been throwing a few RCS into this tank and don't want them getting sucked into my filter. I will have to this at some point this week. Thanks!
I wanted to get one of those fancy ss mesh strainers from mordalphus but none will fit our hose sizes

Yeah Ill have to remember to do that when i get my RCS..... Tank looks great btw! We should start 60 gallon social group on here LOL
:icon_lol: sound good to me

41 - 50 of 50 Posts