The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day 0

Custom built by me acrylic 6.5 gallon measuring 18"x10"x10".
Ledstar aq s45 for 8 hours
Sunsun 603 canister
No name in line Co2 diffuser (same as Co2art)
Inkbird plus regulator on a 5lb bottle

Substrate is a 60/40 mix of Stratum and eco-complete planted
Thrive root caps
No water column ferts yet for this tank

Hemianthus callitrichoides Cuba TC
Pogostemon helferi Downoi TC
Alternanthera reineckii TC
Rotala (ammania) Bonsai TC
Ludwigia natans super red emersed grown (to be added)

Rectangle Cuisine Cooking Gas Wood

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 week

Did a water change and added some Ludwigia natans super red. HC Cuba is filling in, AR is getting some growth, a few of the rotala bonsai have melted and the Pogostemon helferi Downoi is starting to show some new growth. Have not dosed any liquid ferts yet, still only has thrive root caps.

Rectangle Pet supply Wood Cuisine Dish

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Week 3

First trim on HC Cuba and topped the ludigia as they had started to lay over at the surface a bunch. Did a 50% wx and first cleaning of the canister. Added in some cycled ceramic bio media as well. Pleased with how its coming along!

Light World Wood Grass Rectangle

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Week 5

Trimmed the ludwigia again, may need to thin it out a bit as well. HC Cuba is growing like crazy and looking fantastic. Pogostemon helferi Downoi is finally starting to stand out in size against the HC Cuba, the Rotala is doing its thing, slowly but surely. Might not use TC cups of that in the future, starting with 1/2" tall stubs was annoying, to say the least. Had some melt with the AR Mini, but whats there is looking good and holding on.

Still no liquid ferts, will be checking that out in the coming weeks to see how stuff is going. Have a couple options available to me with differing nitrogen levels, so I can experiment a bit.

Really enjoying this tank though!

Rectangle Fluid Grass Dish Gas

Flower Plant Terrestrial plant Petal Grass

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Week 6

HC Cuba needed trimming, trimmed and thinned a bit of the ludwigia and a water change. Carpet is growing in nice and thick now, not pulling up nearly as easy. I can tell I'm going to have to scalp it down pretty far soon as its getting thick. I'll keep an eye on the under growth of it to watch for dying off.

Automotive lighting Rectangle Plant Amber Natural material

1 - 10 of 10 Posts