The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long is my tank suppose to last assuming that it's a fresh refilled tank, I run about 3bps, 12 hrs/day?

I'm asking this because I swapped for a refilled tank from my LFS, and it lasted only from 11/17/09 to 12/30/09. This is my first time using a pressurized system and I just want to make sure that I don't have a leak or perhaps the LFS shorted me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thin a little liquid soap and "paint" some on each fitting/connection using a q-tip. Any leaks will show up immediately.

You must have a leak to use that much that quickly.

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
I just dip the connections into a cup or tupperware filled with water rather than deal with soapy water. I agree with the leak. Once, I had 4 aquariums running on a 5lb tank and it would last 5 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
12,126 Posts
There are two gauges. I set one to 10 psi and the other reads approx 850 psi. This is a 1 day old tank. Is my LFS shorting me?
It is hard to say, but the best way to check is to weigh and record the mass of an empty tank, and then reweigh it when it is filled. Your tank should be 5 lbs heavier after the fill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.