The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone hates these threads, but I am newly back to the freshwaterwater game after 10 years keeping a reef and was looking for some suggestions from experienced folks.

Here is my initial list of some of the things I might want to add, please keep in mind that the tank is here, just don't have all the equipment I need yet to set it up so still in the planning stages

4 - Koi or Marble Angles
3 - Cockatoo Ciclids/Bolivans (I know, big difference LOL)
3-5 German Blue Rams
4 -Pepper or Panda Corys
2 - BNP
10-20 Cherry Barb or Cardinal Tetras
3-5 Boesemani Rainbows
3-5 Split Tail Rainbows

Zebra Nerites
Trumpet Snails
Amanao Shrimp

I know the shrmip may be an issue, but figure it's worth a shot based on what you have say.

Tank will be medium tech, CO2 ferts and either 2 x 39WT5HO or 4 x 39WT5HO

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would suggest at least 6 or more of the Corys. They display best in big schools.

I haven't kept Rams, so don't know if they would get along with the other dwarf Cichlids or not ?

My only thought on the Boesmani Rainbows is they are fast and can be greedy at feeding time. Your Angels may have trouble competing ? Beautiful fish though.

I love my Cherry Barbs :)

Another schooling fish you might consider are Rummynose Tetras. They school tightly. Just get 6 or more.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The Rams and Apistos are all going to fight with each other. You might get away with a pair of each of 2 species, but 8 would really be pushing it. Cacatuoides is going to be the more aggressive of the 3 species you have listed in most cases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.