The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to set up my brother's tank.

All low tech, low light. Few varietes of Anubias, Java Ferns, Crypts, and some Bolbitis.

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
that definitely looks good! i think it will look awesome after a few months. and yes, hoppy will probably be commenting...

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
That does look good. Those plants are arranged in a unique way. Does this tank have CO2 injection?

Hoppy's setup really did look good in the end with the oak trim tank, and I don't think the Illuminata comes with that option.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, was late and I was pooped. ;) . Some specs:

36x18 57g trimless tank
Eheim ProII 2026
GLO 2x39 lighting
Eco Complete substrate

Planning Seachem's line for ferts at this time, no pressurized CO2 (yet, I'll get him there though ;))

Anubias nana narrow, nana eyes, nana petite
Java fern, java narrow, java trident
Crypt Willissiii, Spiralis
Bolbitis Heudolotti

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
This is a very well-done low-tech scape! I doubt you'd even need any CO2 injection in there with that plant selection (of course, co2 will only make it that much better!). A very inspiring scape here! :)

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Yes, yes, yes! I am jealous! But, congratulations on getting the best looking moderately priced tank I can remember seeing. Where I failed, you succeeded!:flick:

And, it looks every bit as nice as I thought it would. Nice job setting it up, too.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I also really like the scape! The dark rocks and dark green leaves of the plants look really good together!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Awesome looking tank. Not going to lie though: if you added Co2, either DIY or pressurized, that tank would just explode in greeny awesomeness!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts