The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a friend of mine offloaded there 56 Gallon Column on me, so I wanted to do something different. I had seen some gorgeous semi-aquatic terrariums and I thought how I could do something like that with a beautiful underwater scene and a beautiful above water scene. I'm figuring on having 1/3-1/2 of the tank under water and the top with lush fauna and a bonsai as a centerpiece. The bonsai I feel will be the toughest challenge as what keeps it small is keeping it in the small pot, so I'm still working out how I can make it work while still looking natural. I want to incorporate moving water with the outflow of the filter as well as a hidden misting unit to keep the leaves moist and humid when needed.

So I'm still working out the logistics, but while I'm figuring out that I'll be building the stand and gathering up the pumps and things I'll need and selecting my plants.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.