The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys here is my new 56 gallon planted aquarium. This is the first day and will keep you updated when time goes on. I am running a paintball co2 system 4 lamps high output T5s it's about 2.5 watts per gallon. I'm sry for the poor quality picture. Tell me what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Did you make a "tree" with driftwood and java fern? Looks pretty cool!

I don't know a lot about paintball set ups but it seems like you might have a big tank for that? Like you might just be replacing the CO2 often?

Try another picture upclose, so we can see more of your plants! What all do you have in there? Looks pretty natural!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks you! I made that out of branched driftwood. Yea the co2 I prob gotta refill it ever month not to bad. My plant selection is a lot of micro swords, amazon swords, a lot of dwarf baby tear some vallisneria. I will keep you guys updated on the tank when time goes on.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm no expert on Algae. I would suggest you first diagnose which type of algae it is. Second, search for posts by Tom Barr on how to treat, control and prevent that type of algae. Here are a couple links that may help, but there are a ton of other resources out there. Its hard to tell from the picture, but is the algae mainly on the glass? If so, possible green dust algae?

Green Dust Algae: Forms on the glass creating a dusty appearance across the glass. Sometimes so bad you can't see into the tank.
Cause: Low CO2. Low nutrients. Quite common on new setups.
Removal: Easily removed with a magnetic glass scraper or similar. Often reappears very quickly. Allow the algae to run its full cycle by leaving it well alone for 3 weeks. It may become unsightly but just bear with it. Then scrape it all off and do a large water change. Sometimes requires a second treatment to fully clear and leaving it for 4 weeks. Recommended to slightly reduce dosing during treatment.

http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/algae.htm

http://www.rexgrigg.com/Algae1.html

Looks like your baby tears are rooting nicely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank You Very much Dx3Bash I think it is just diatoms and I was reading to try to vacuum it out. and it will go away in a few weeks because its a new tank. Im hoping it will just go away because when I tried vacuuming it I noticed I was uprooting my babytears so I stopped Vacuuming.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update on the 56 Gallon planted tank!

Hey Guys so the tank has been running for 10 months now. Everything is doing great just wanted to show you guys the tank because I haven't done a update since I started the tank.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.