The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend decided to offload one of her 56 gallon column tanks so I decided I wanted to do something different (I still can't bring myself to do salt water), so I decided I'd do a paludarium. I still haven't completely decided on the livestock I'll keep, but I do have a rough idea in my head. I've spent most of my time so far cleaning up the old grimy tank and building a custom stand. i plan to have roughly 1/3 of the bottom water with a Ficus bonsai as the focal point above water. I also want some sort of moving water into the body of water.

Tank with stand frame completed

close up of the completed front

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Started to rough form the landmasses. This is interesting cause it really shows where my idea will work and where it won't. I'm going to have to rethink some of the layout.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
are you planning on aquatic life in the paludarium, or something more terrestrial/arboreal? the reason i ask is that if you were planning on a reptile or amphibian or even an insect of some sort, they all have different requirements and it is best to research the species you want to keep and build to suit. it's mich better for the animal, and yourself in the long run. :) good luck with the build, that is such a great dimension tank to start with!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are you planning on aquatic life in the paludarium, or something more terrestrial/arboreal? the reason i ask is that if you were planning on a reptile or amphibian or even an insect of some sort, they all have different requirements and it is best to research the species you want to keep and build to suit. it's mich better for the animal, and yourself in the long run. :) good luck with the build, that is such a great dimension tank to start with!!
Yeah, I'm aware of that with the reptiles and fish and such. For now I'm just planning on fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.