The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally got this tank intending to use it as a seahorse tank. However, life got in the way and it was converted to a freshwater tank. It's been in limbo for over 10 months, with only a few fish to cycle it. In December it got a bit of an overhaul, when I added an Aquaclear 70 filter and some Java Moss, in addition to three Pygmy cories, two dwarf pencilfish, and a betta that have been in there since November.
Today I added a Corkscrew Val, another pygmy cory, and an albino bristlenose. They seem to be doing well. Currently I have two T5 bulbs over the tank.
Plans:
Add more plants
Get another 7 pygmy cories

I'm considering a school of threadfin rainbows, I've had them before and I enjoy their mating shows. What are some other schooling fish that are super peaceful and small? I would also like some sort of centerpiece fish. I'm leaning towards gouramis, whether Sparkling, Croaking or Pearls. Any advice? I would like the tank to be very peaceful and I might add shrimp in the future.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do love the Sparklers- mine had great personalities! Do you think that there's room for a school of all three species, or just stick with two? I'm not sure I could find the Dwarf Cats locally, but I could always get them shipped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.