The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figured I would start a journal and share my progress... Currently doing dsm with HC. Just planted today!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That wood is fantastic! Have you thought about adding some moss to it? :p
I may add a bit of christmas moss down the road... Only definite plan I have at this moment is to plant some needle leaf java at the base of each piece of manzanita once flooded.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Wow, beautiful layout on the hardscape in the toughest size tank to scape with. I really like how the rocks and wood on the left side are right up against the front. It gives that tank a lot of depth, one thing that is hard to do with the dimensions of a 55g.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Wow, beautiful layout on the hardscape in the toughest size tank to scape with. I really like how the rocks and wood on the left side are right up against the front. It gives that tank a lot of depth, one thing that is hard to do with the dimensions of a 55g.
Thank you =) Gotta love the appreciation.. I just ordered a lily set/and an inline heater to help to keep a clean look to the tank. I originally wanted a rimless setup but ended up with a new 55g free, and the black trim actually accents everything in the room better anyhow.

Looking forward to it's progression. Stay tuned for upcoming pics...

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I have to say that out of hundreds of 55gal. tanks I have seen this is the one tank that has been able to create a hardscape that doesn't make the tank look like it's only 12" deep which is a feat in itself. Like I said before very nice and anyone looking to set up a 55gal should use this as an example. Way to think outside of the box, it definitely paid off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts