The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since i started working on my viviarium today i decided to start a journal. All i did so far was start to cover the back and 1 side in GS. I'm not done with the GS yet though , I still have figure out how to create the waterfall and get more materials. Here is the tank From Right To left.

It will have a false bottom . The waterfall will run into a stream then into a pond. I will be putting a pump under the false bottom for the water features. for lighting i will use a HD 48 inch 2x40 watt fixture. As for the substrate i'm not sure yet. The GS will be covered with Bark and coco fiber.I'm not Sure what frogs will be going in there yet.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips i will make the pump very easy to get to. Also i'm considering using heater cable in the substrate to keep it warm. i'm not sure how i will keep the water warm though have any ideas ? Also i was thinking of making the background look like a rock wall instead of the usual coco fiber backgrounds ,how can i do this ?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats a really nice viv but i want mines to have a more rocky texture to it. Also someone said that the crushed rock wouldn't look too natural since the rocks are so small. I might consider using sand for now .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts