The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you go with the Current Satellite LED+, I recommend getting two. I'm running one and a Marineland Double Bright (had it first) on my 55 gallon and I believe I'm in the medium light category. Plants are growing great with this combo, though I doubt I could get a carpeting plant to do much without CO2. And even then, it's doubtful in my opinion. I do have Staurogyne repens that is growing well, but it is 2-3" tall. My crypts are doing absolutely fantastic, however.

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah the conclusion I came to was to start with the one, see how it works, then just go from there. If I need a second or want to accent it with something I figure I can just pick up an additional set. No real rush to the project I suppose. I do think i'm going to go with a slightly lower light needy setup. Use Marsilea Minuta and mosses for the ground cover. With a mixture of stone and other such things. Going to redo the substrate, go with a natural soil based substrate, plans to inject co2, just enough to try and give the plants a bit more wiggle room if you will. Once I get things started I'll begin a plant log on the web. Might even do a webpage this time perhaps add youtube videos. I don't know yet. But I'll keep it all logged no less so perhaps some people can see what worked for me and what well isn't working. We'll see I suppose.

·
Registered
51 Posts
55 gallon with Finnex Ray2. I added a shop light with 2 5000k bulbs for better color on plants and fish. Started this tank about a month ago. Dwarf sag, s repens and just planted some pearl weed for ground covers.

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts