The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having multiple tanks throughout the years I had decided to take a hiatus around the 2010's into 2020. I gained the love of my life and a kiddo to share my tank knowledge with, and in getting him a tank for his 11th birthday I seemed to have taken it over lolol. So begins another journey. I had convinced myself that it would be low tech low maintenence......we all know how that works when you have some extra money to burn lol.

Fauna :
Juli Cory cats x6
Khuli loaches x6
Otos x4
Amanos x4
Nerites x2
Harlequins x 15
So far......lol

Flora:
Anubis barteri
Misc crypts
Micro swords
Some type of petco plant from the beginning lol.
Java ferns
Ludwigia
I'll list what I haven't later also most of this stock is due to arrive this next week.

Equipment:
2 hygger 27 watt led
1 hygger 72 watt led

Canister filter can't remember the size ill update later.

5lb co2 tank w/reg
About 2 bps light green on drop checker I've got a ph pen to dial it in.

In line heater

In line co2 diffuser

Lily pipes w/surface skimmer attachment
Koralia 565 for dead zone control.

DIY liquid nutrients micro and macro, ill get around to testing the parameters.

Light schedule is 8 hrs on

W/c 5-10% weekly

Dosed daily 5 ml macro 2.5ml micro

Inert substrate w/root tabs
Red lava stone hardware possibly change to dragon or seiryu not sure yet.

Opinions and suggestions are very welcome 馃榿馃榿馃榿

Registered
Don't take my word as gospel but I've heard seiryu can raise ph levels in tanks with inert substrate. I could be 100% wrong, but I know I had a discussion with a few of my buddies about this and this was the consensus. I've never used seiryu stone personally.

Don't take my word as gospel but I've heard seiryu can raise ph levels in tanks with inert substrate. I could be 100% wrong, but I know I had a discussion with a few of my buddies about this and this was the consensus. I've never used seiryu stone personally.
Beautiful set up, btw. So happy for your family finding this hobby together.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll keep that in mind if I end up going that direction, im still not totally sold on it im more partial to dragon or mountain but who knows, one thing about having tanks is they are constantly changing and evolving lol 馃槅

Registered
I'll keep that in mind if I end up going that direction, im still not totally sold on it im more partial to dragon or mountain but who knows, one thing about having tanks is they are constantly changing and evolving lol 馃槅
I'm personally a fan of found rocks, just takes some cleaning and testing. I do feel you on the constantly changing. I can't keep anything the same for more than a week when I'm in the set up stage and that can last months 馃槀馃槀 good luck I'm interested in seeing what you come up with!!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm personally a fan of found rocks, just takes some cleaning and testing. I do feel you on the constantly changing. I can't keep anything the same for more than a week when I'm in the set up stage and that can last months 馃槀馃槀 good luck I'm interested in seeing what you come up with!!
Yuppers ill definately keep this going, I need to swap this over to the tank journal section though.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I originally used the in tank diffuser but have since went to an inline diffuser so algae doesn't seem to affect it , but I would assume that had it been in the tank you should get atleast 6 mons to a year out of it so yea I would agree not all diffusers are made the same. Swap it for an inline if you can handle the micro bubbles in your tank if not then I would go for a more high dollar diffuser by ADA or similiar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.