The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Hey that's pretty sweet. You could put together a real nice collection of plants in there. I finally got my 55 back into better shape. I was getting to be frustrated with the shape--just 12" front-to-back--but I was able to fix it up by yanking the really big plants, especially the Java fern. Here's a shot from last week.

You might find it desirable to apply a dark background to that tank. If you use riparium planters then the shadow will help to obscure the planter cups, while also better showcasing the plants.

It looks like you already have some pretty nice animals in there.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might find it desirable to apply a dark background to that tank. If you use riparium planters then the shadow will help to obscure the planter cups, while also better showcasing the plants.

It looks like you already have some pretty nice animals in there.
I am thinking to use light blue as background, but like you said dark color might work better, i can't wait to get the plants and planters that i bought from you.
I like the way you arranged the plants in your riparium..great job.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I like how you incorperated the rock work with the emersed scape. Good Job!

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Now that one is going to be a very interesting and unique riparium. Nice job of busting out of the box! I have wondered if I wanted to try the Heavenly Bamboo in mine, but I haven't decided to try it yet. It looks promising there.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I was just wondering where all the equipment was hiding, then saw you said you had it hidden behind the rock. With the canopies on, I could see you getting some good immersed growth with crypts and anubias (possibly some flowering action too).

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now that one is going to be a very interesting and unique riparium. Nice job of busting out of the box! I have wondered if I wanted to try the Heavenly Bamboo in mine, but I haven't decided to try it yet. It looks promising there.
I never had riparium before, this is my first time..i am kind of newbie in here, but i always wanted to have emersed plants in my tank.
i hope the bamboo will make it in there, if not i'll put some rice :tongue:.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I never had riparium before, this is my first time..i am kind of newbie in here, but i always wanted to have emersed plants in my tank.
i hope the bamboo will make it in there, if not i'll put some rice :tongue:.
Then, you could call this the "Sushi Tank":redface: (Too much coffee this morning, I think.)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.