The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the 55gallon that has been up for a little over a month, I have already faught many types of algae and need some aquascaping advice and a few clues as to what other types of plants I should buy and where I should place them.

This is the full tank shot...

This is the left side...

And the right...

One of my Angels...

And if I could get an I.D. on this grassy plant that would be great...

Thanks for looking... any advice will help ...
Ferrarikid

·
Registered
930 Posts
I would throw in lots of stem plants that will help fight algae and "fill" the tank a little more. Also might want to try a forground plant if possible.

Are you running any CO2? What are you dosing, lighting,etc?

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
You have everything in a straight line, basically.

You have to shoot for depth in the scape. A good way to do that, as someone suggested, is to get background, midground, and foreground plants. Another good way to do that is to slope your substrate; higher in the back than in the front.

If you're starting out, I'd go for lots of fast-growing stem plants to help reduce algae as well as for you to learn how to grow plants well...then move on to maturing your final scape.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, Well all the close lfs around me dont carry stem plants...
They are all planted... and I will try to get ahold of some and some foreground plants too... Can anyone I.D. that grassy plant?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you say RE-SCAPE!?!!(Tons of BIG pics.)

Ok guys I rescaped my tank last night after reading through the sacping article, I tried to give it more depth and followed some of the guidelines the article listed...
The only bad news is I blew my whole $:thumbsdow wad:thumbsdow $ today so I wont be getting new plants for a while...I am hoping I can cut my lighting back even more so I dont have to fight algae while I try to get $$ for plants...
I just turned 16 today so I should be getting a job soon to pay for this here hobby of ours... :bounce:
ANYWAYS here is the rescape and a few macro shots...I took the pics with my Snazzy new camera!!!
WOOHOO
The left half...

The middle

The right

THE whole Sha-bangg

MACROS!

Ghost Shrimp

Oto.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.