The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help with algae control. I have had all kinds of drama with light bulbs from amazon. Wow what a pain in the arse. Anyways I received only one of the bulbs and plugged it in the fixture it flashes stays on for 5 seconds then goes off, is this because the electrical current is in need of the decide bulb? I will have beginning pictures tonight to show existing set up. I have some algae issues with stock PC fixture, should I just remove my 3 yr old substrate and interior and clean everything to prevent further algae build up? Does that have anything to with the algae? Or is it beneficial that it ha been cycled?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just had it running. And I think I the ballast is blown. It went to complete darkness. It sucks I don't know what to do buy a new fixture or buy a ballast u have had nothing but issues with this fixture and can no longer return it to amazon as of oct14 fuuuuuudge

·
Registered
251 Posts
You might want to check and make sure that you have the bulb in correctly. I had this same problem on my 36" Hagen GLO. I took the bulb out and once I reinstalled it the thing worked like a charm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.