The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Many plants...little time
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had plants growing emersed now for some time, but I just moved it all into this 55.
Lighting is a Coralife 48" T5NO fixture...1 - 10,000k and 1 - 6700k
Substrate is just black gravel to put the pots in.
Plants...
A. coffeefolia
A. nana petite
A. barteri nana 'eyes'
C. affinis
C. elliptica
C. wendtii green and bronze
C. lutea
C. moehlmannii
C. pontederiifolia
H. sp. 'tiger'
H. sp. 'sunset'
L. glandulosa
M. pteropus
M. pteropus 'narrow leaf'
M. pteropus 'needle leaf'
R. nanjenshan
P. stellatus 'broad'
Peacock moss
Weeping moss
Willow moss

Carnivorous Plants...
Nepenthes sanguinea

Nepenthes 'Miranda'

Drosera roseana (pygmy sundew)

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
Suh-weet! I got one of those C. elliptica too, it's a really awesome plant. The Neps are awesome too. Got any closeups of the N. "Miranda" pitchers?

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
I just got the pitchers today lego, but hopefully they will do well.
They aren't too hard to take care of. Just pot them right and don't let them dry out. Plus they're good for bug control ;)

·
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't believe sunset hygro looks the same emersed and submersed. Really nice collection.
yes Frosty, sunset looks very similar in both setups, but I actually think it looks pinker in the emersed.
Thanks its like a collectoritis zone

They aren't too hard to take care of. Just pot them right and don't let them dry out. Plus they're good for bug control ;)
Thats why I got them for bug control. I noticed small fly's a few weeks ago...I put the plants in there yesterday, and all the fly's must have flown for cover. I didn't see them at all last night.:icon_roll I know the plants don't work that fast.

Love it! That l. glandulosa looks awesome.
Thanks clwatkins10, It didn't do so well in my MS tank so into the emersed they went. I don't think my lighting is strong enough in the MS tank...I hated seeing the lower leaves floating all the time.

·
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Pygmy Sundew is really nice.
Hey Jerry,
Pygmy sundew actually has not looked as good over the past few weeks. Loosing the pink and looks like its dying off. or maybe its getting used to my setup.

Hi, do you use a spraybar, or mist them every day? it looks amazing.
I should mist them every day but its more like 3-4 times a week.

I also just ordered 4 new crypts...I haven't decided if some will go in here or in my 100 MS...which I really want to turn into a crypt extravaganza!

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
Hey Jerry,
Pygmy sundew actually has not looked as good over the past few weeks. Loosing the pink and looks like its dying off. or maybe its getting used to my setup.
It may not be getting enough light. Sundews like as much light as you can give them. I have mine 10" from 2 100W spiral CF bulbs and they still don't have full color.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I envy you!
I got the elliptica with free ciliata and spiralis "cook" :D
Nice emersed set-up you got there.
I was too late for the timahensis. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts