The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatcha guys think?
I still need to put a black backdrop up.
Also, not so sure with my decision to plant bacopa on the left.

Stock: 10 rummy nose tetra, 10 pygmy cories, ~4 otos, 2 mystery snails, and a fair number of MTS, but not an infestation by any means.

6 ecoxotic LED 12" fixtures.

3 1-liter DIY CO2 chambers blasting away with distiller's yeast (that's how I get away with only 3 liters in a 50 gallon), yeast nutrient, and an external impeller for incorporation.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Nice Tank! It could use a little trim to create a shape the plants. I may have to copy this in my 40 breeder if I ever get the space to set it up. Oh and I like the bacopa where it is. It adds contrast to the blyxa as well as your hardscape due to it's texture and light green color.

Please post a pic after trimming it!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice Tank! It could use a little trim to create a shape the plants. I may have to copy this in my 40 breeder if I ever get the space to set it up. Oh and I like the bacopa where it is. It adds contrast to the blyxa as well as your hardscape due to it's texture and light green color.

Please post a pic after trimming it!
Plagiarism is the highest form of flattery! Thank you. Please send me a photo when you put it together.

You're right about trimming the bacopa. It just grow so fast! I'll take some more pictures soon.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Feel free to copy it. The substrate is ecocomplete, with a brown gravel cap in some places and a play sand cap in others. The rocks were found on the coast in Maine, but I'm sure you could find something similar near most bodies of water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts