The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tore down my previous ios 50g tank , gotten a new tank , manage to savage the plants and switch over ,also finally i get to use the log wood which i gotten a long time ago , this time will be a more suitable occupants

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
Great Start! Great Wood too!!!

What happened to the Wolf Fish? How long did Ya have him at the time of the video, and how big did he get? Just asking as they are a AWESOME PREDATOR FISH, and I would love to fish for them! I wouldn't own one, as I like a tank with bunches of fish, but they are COOL for the people who want to have a predator tank!

What kind of fish are Ya going with in this setup? Also what kind of equipment are ya running?

Best of Luck to Ya on the new setup!
Drew

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great Start! Great Wood too!!!

What happened to the Wolf Fish? How long did Ya have him at the time of the video, and how big did he get? Just asking as they are a AWESOME PREDATOR FISH, and I would love to fish for them! I wouldn't own one, as I like a tank with bunches of fish, but they are COOL for the people who want to have a predator tank!

What kind of fish are Ya going with in this setup? Also what kind of equipment are ya running?

Best of Luck to Ya on the new setup!
Drew
thanks drew , well the wolf fish is still with me ,shifted him into another bigger tank , got him about 5 months that was when he was about 6 " , he almost 9 -10 inch now , one thing about predatory planted tank i guess is you don't have to fert it , lol the waste output is just high , i started off with four strands HM ,it just grows like a weed .

this current set-up will be smaller suitable fishes , i have a royal whiptail , 8 rummynose , 2 white cloud minnow and a solo horn nerite , definitely have to get my favourite CPDs till i mesh up the inlet tube

i am running a eheim 2217 , 4 x 39 w t5ho ,hydor Koralia nano 1600 and a 50 gal optiwhite rimless tank, no co2 at the moment as i am using it for my cube tank of HC

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
finally found the pitbull pleco , gotten a L183 as well but it started to hide once i release it . i find the pitbull to be a interesting pleco , didnt really hide always at the front part of the tank just like a oto

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
while taking a updated pic , found this worm at the front of substrate :icon_eek: anyone can id it ? managed to catch half the body out , lol :tongue::tongue: before i can bring it out of the tank ,the rummy nose gobble it up, now half the body is still moving and disappear inside

Attachments

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
while taking a updated pic , found this worm at the front of substrate :icon_eek: anyone can id it ? managed to catch half the body out , lol :tongue::tongue: before i can bring it out of the tank ,the rummy nose gobble it up, now half the body is still moving and disappear inside

The worm looks like a fresh water version of a bristle worm.

In salt tanks they are a good cuc to have. Not sure about fresh

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The worm looks like a fresh water version of a bristle worm.

In salt tanks they are a good cuc to have. Not sure about fresh
its always inside the substrate , not quite bother by it thou since the rummy nose likes to eat it

discover this last week , but the eggs got eaten up by cpds and pseudomugil :frown:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts