The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone – Brenda and I just wanted to let everyone know that recently she became a 5 year survivor! And on top of that, she decided to finally take her surgeon’s advice and get her MRI’s done yearly now instead of every 6 months. Even though Brenda has done really well in the past five years, she struggles at times; especially since the passing of her sister almost a year ago. We really wish that Paula was here to celebrate 5 years with us but we know that she is smiling down on Brenda and encouraging her to strive to stay well. I am very proud of the hard work Brenda has put in to be here 5 years later and thankful that she can be here to share this with all of us.

Jeff

·
Registered
926 Posts
Congrats, as a future RN I know it can be a challenge. And I know I don't even know a fraction of the struggle you both have gone through.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Congratulations! I love hearing stoiries like this. I have been envolved with the relay for life for about 5 years know and survivor stories are great insperation to keep relaying! Hope you both have many more birthdays!!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Congratulations for both of you! I'm at 3 yrs, 8 months myself for uterine cancer, and I know how exciting the 5 yr mark is - and how hard the whole cancer experience is on family, like you, as well. Brenda, you, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Congrats :)

& thank you for sharing such wonderful news!

My mother is currently fighting brain cancer, she had neurosurgery done 5 months ago and finished her chemotherapy with radiation therapy 2 months ago. She is on a smaller chemotherapy regimen and my family is doing everything we can to help her improve her health & well bieng.

Cancer is such a heavy thing to deal with and I salute you and your wife for the love and devotion to each other that helped her recovery.

I wish you both many many more healthy years to come!

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
SO very happy for you two! I'm sure she's gotten through everything because of the superb support from you and your family and both of you have a great journey ahead, Jeff!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much everyone, I read these to Brenda and she was overjoyed and thrilled at the outpouring of support. We actually don't have a lot of people close to us (weird families, what can you do) so this sort of thing means a lot!

JoeGREEEN and driftwoodhunter - Keep us all informed and our prayers are with you too!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Thank You Jeff and Brenda

I sure hope I can share the same news in the future.

Just gotta stay positive and not take things for granted.

Happy Holidays to You&Yours

Joe

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Thanks so much everyone, I read these to Brenda and she was overjoyed and thrilled at the outpouring of support. We actually don't have a lot of people close to us (weird families, what can you do) so this sort of thing means a lot!

JoeGREEEN and driftwoodhunter - Keep us all informed and our prayers are with you too!
Thank you!

JoeGREEN, my thoughts and prayers are with your mother, yourself, and your family too - stay strong!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts