The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got around to flooding my 45 bow dry start, and I love it! I had to move around the pennywort, since it had decided to take over the world, and I had a previous issue with the hair grass in the middle. But I love it anyways!

Now how long until the die off happens and I can start adding more? Also, any recommendations on what to add to it is appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Money wise, definitely worth it! Thanks to people on here I started with really small starts and was able to get awesome growth! I did end up getting more tanks while I waited, though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
What's a dry start? Letting the plants grow in without being underwater?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

That's where you plant certain types of plants in the substrate in a dry tank, mist with water and run a normal light cycle until the plants grow in. Then slowly fill the tank or "flood" it.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Your aquascape looks great. New to planted tanks, can't this kind of carpeting be done when the tank is full of water? Or is it that it's faster if the carpet is just [barely] covered with water resulting in greater light intensity reaching the plants?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.