The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some more gravel for Bronson's tank as what it came with ( it was secondhand £8 from a car boot sale ) was not enough and plants kept floating uo to the surface.

I also read in another thread in the aquascaping section that Quartz is safe for aquaria so I dug out a few of my clear points and a couple of pieces of snow quartz, washed them in very hot water several times and added them . I think they go well with the black gravel ^___^

I re-arranged a few plants and added some cuttings of Cabomba from the 30 gal in my room as it was getting stupidly long and needed a trim.

Tank is a 5 gal Aquastart 320 and contains 1 Plakat betta named Bronson ( he is as violent as his human namesake) , and 4 shrimp ( 2 cherries, 1 bee and 1 CRS )

The shrimp are really loving the new layout and are all over the mossball like a rash ( I switched it in from another tank )

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Nice tank! How long have you had the shrimp and the betta together? lots of times, shrimp end up as betta food, although it sort of depends on the betta. Just a heads up!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :) The betta has been in for well over a month, the shrimp I added after removing the fish and re-arranging the tank so it looked different to him. I put the shrimp in first then put Bronson back in. He chased them a couple of times but they are so quick he soon got bored and left them alone. If the cherries breed I won't be too fussed if he snacks on any babies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.