The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lighting: Finnex 26w fixture off Ebay

Substrate: ADA 'Malaya' Powder

Hardscape (so far): x2 ADA Hornwood pieces (xs)

Plants: Anubia Nana 'Petite', lilaeopsis brasiliensis, just added Duckweed too to help bring the light levels down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Man I love what you did with that tank. I have this tank setup as my puffer tank but I hate it. You actually made it into a viable planted tank by replacing the stock filter and lighting. After I finish getting all my other tanks setup I am most likely going to do something similar so my puffer can have more plants to enjoy.

BTW whoever has this tank and is still using the stock hood be careful of how your cables come out of the back. I force a loop at the top and tape it to the top of the hood to prevent siphoning from the tank. It ruined my brand new floors after a move due to a slow drip coming down the cables.

What is the brand of that tank. I like the shape.
It's a Marineland Eclipse 5. Haven't seen one in a store in a long time but see them on craigslist for dirt cheap and free sometimes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for the positive remarks! I'm still in the trial and error period as I'm not entirely sure that the Blyxxa Aubertii will even make it without carbon supplementation (CO2). I do have some Flourish Excel laying around that I could start dosing. I've just go more than enough dry ferts lying around that it has evolved into somewhat of a chore making sure each tank gets what it needs on certain days.

BTW, I've noticed that I've got my first bit of GSA showing up on the front of the tank. I've upped my phosphate levels as a result and will update as time progresses.

Hopefully the cycling process will settle out soon so I can get some inhabitants into it.

On a side note, I purchased a new Agassizii male to go in my main 20 gallon tank, and moved my Tefe female in to this tank so he could get acclimated. But within an hour I came back to the kitchen to find that she had jumped out. Darn!

The stock cover that this tank came with will not fit at this point because of the addition of the HOB filter. As soon as I can get a dremel kit I can cut the necessary hole to allow it to be used. Evaporation on this tank is somewhat of an issue too being that it is a somewhat small body of water. Avg temp of the tank is 78 and the house sits at about 70.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top