The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been a few months since i posted anything about this tank.

last time you saw it, it was pretty baren (still isn't that lush) with a scarlet badis and sparkling gourami. well, the gourami was picking on the badis, so i put him in my guppy tank, and he managed to get himself wedged between the sponge over the filter intake and the back glass, so he's in fishy heaven. the badis is doing well though. i've also added a few other inhabitance.

Zebra shrimp, but i only have 3 of them right now

and i picked this little guy up today, he's a Hara jerdoni, or Stone cat/ Anchor cat, and only gets barely over a half inch long.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I like the wood layout.. But whats with all the alge its on everthing?? what kind of light you got on there and are you dosin any ferts?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i had some issues at the beginning with too little plant mass and WAY too much light. i had 40 watts 6500k on it. i've since blocked out a lot of the light, added DIY CO2, and i'm dosing dry ferts. the algae has stopped growing, but its so hard to pick it out by hand, i'm just letting the critters eat it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.