The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was unhappy with the scape and plants in my tank, so I decided to redo it today. It went from pic 1 to pic 2. As you can see, I kept the Anubias (I got it from a friend and never able to get one that bushy before). Otherwise I added Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, Ludwigia palustris and a Marimo moss ball. The moss ball is the one floating in the upper right. I hope it will sink soon, but if it doesn't I'll have to tie it to a rock or something. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Oh I think it looks much better! I am a fan of centerpieces =) I'm curious as to what the moss ball will do. At my lfs they said their moss balls are just styrofoam with moss attached, so I would assume those would not sink unless tied down.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
The rescape made the tank look alot better, although I think you should develope your backround and add some more plants. Good luck!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The rescape made the tank look alot better, although I think you should develope your backround and add some more plants. Good luck!
JakeJ: I hear ya. I'm hoping to fill in the background with cuttings from the L. palustris, so it will take a little time, but it should get there. Although, there was another clump at the store, so I might just go pick that up tomorrow and get it filled in early.

Hamsterman: I'll give it a try. Unfortunately it can't go back much further, because it will run into the heater

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also think it's a great improvement. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind...

In pic #2 are the bubbles "pearling?" Is the horizontal tube on the back glass a co2 setup?

I have a 5g and my plants are nowhere near as full as your's. I knew nothing about planted tanks until I found this site. I've learned a great deal. My plants are much better as a result, but nothing near the quality of your's. I use Seachem products which are helping.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The back tube is the output from the filter. I have the CO2 run into the filter intake. This pic was taken right after I filled the tank, so I'm pretty sure that the plants aren't pearling, but rather they have residual air bubbles on them from after the tank fill.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The moss ball sunk last night, so I placed it in the right front corner. Now it's just a waiting game to let it fill in and then make a decision on the fauna. I'm thinking I'll go for a centerpiece fish like a betta, killifish or dwarf gourami.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tank update. Here's a new pic. I moved some clippings of the L. palustris so it should fill in the background more in a couple weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Depending on your setup and what you want to do with it, I'd move your grass to the back on the same side and fill the front with glosso or HC, I don't want to see that awesome driftwood and Anubias get blocked out by the grass!
Otherwise, looking good! I love that DW, and your grass is filling out awesome!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The driftwood and the anubias looks really great.
Just wondering, that is nana, not barteri... right?

What is the height of the tank?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aqua'd - I like the grass in the front and on that side, so I'll probably just be trimming it down so it doesn't cover up the anubias.

PinoyBoy - I believe it's nana although I'm not positive. I got if from a friend and she wasn't sure what it was.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I love anubias so much! So many varieties and so many ways to scape with them. And they are so easy to care for. If only they weren't so expensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts