The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Looks like a real fighter one that is used in betta fights. These guys might know more then you know about the fish. He could be from campion fighting lines and if so he could make his owner a lot of money if fought and then bred. Most fighter are not all black. That's my only guess or it's a crazy scram.

I don't know much about the fish fighting world but for example a racking grey hound is going to be a hell of a lot more money when in his prime then a pet greyhound. Because there is money to be made on him. But as soon as he can no longer run as fast the poor dog is not worth anything. Much like these fighting bettas.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Someone screwing up the auction on purpose. If you look at the ID that made that bid, it's a new ID that I'm sure was created just to screw with the seller.

There's a lot of that on aquabid.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
looks to be a bid up, more than likely a friend in same area bid to boost sales and feed back. its pretty funny a 0/0 bidder would bid that much.

·
Registered
731 Posts
It's a black Betta mahachai, a threatened or endangered wild-type betta, so it might actually be possible.

·
Registered
782 Posts
You can't even ride or pet it like a horse or a dog.
Try to breed it, and it might eat it's mate.
I would never spend that much on fish or shrimp unless it poops solid gold like the OP says.

-Stef*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts